Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lucy B and Me

My daughter was born on May 29 2006 at 9.15pm by c-section after a long, fruitless labour. The worst and best day of my life together as one.

She weighed 8lbs and 7oz and is long and thin so my fears for a big baby were pointless. She looks tiny. I guess a baby really would have to weigh 13 stone and have the fat stores of a hippo before it was a mini-sumo.

The chair at the computer is the only one I can sit in comfortably after a major operation. In fact, I have just realised I forgot to take my pain killers.... I'll have to sit here until someone finds me and can hoist me up (place major swear words here).

My baby smells like a sweet, soft, angel which is amazing considering what appears in her nappy.

Lucy Beth is beautiful and she is perfect....and it is baffling...

...because she looks nothing like me.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Hi Kate
Ha! Lucy-Beth is a great name. Forget what she looks like, does have your feet? That might be more worrying.
It's great news. I almost blubbed.
Look after yourselves. See you soon.

:o)

Jo said...

Congratulations! I know you'll be busy with little Lucy B but I hope you'll still have time to write here, and maybe even share a picture? I really enjoyed reading your struggles with the being-pregnant thing, obviously not much fun for you - but your writing made me smile a lot. All the best to you and the new baby. :-)

Jo