Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dribble goo goo names

It is funny how many 'endearing' names you can conjure for your baby.

Ours has been known as Lucy Loo, Mrs Boo, Lulu Piccachu, LuLeeBoo, Little Angel and Cuddlebug (sometimes Cuddleboo).

God forbid she ends up with one of these through life and gets bullied at school. I try to say Lucy at least once a day. She's a clever kid. I worry it is her reference for bottle or I have a pooey arse. But hey, it brings a large smile. Surely your name should bring a smile? Unless it is Rusty. Or Skippy. Or Jim.

The worst thing being a parent brings is (over) protectiveness. We fly to the USA next week. I would rather stick Lucy in an oven of hot coals. But you can't stop living your life.

And anyway I am ridiculously dangerous pushing her pram around. The bumps and ramps I attempt are just plain foolhardy. But one thing pushing Lucy around has taught me - I'll do anything for a bargain.

And so, it seems, would she.

No comments: