Monday, February 26, 2007

Button Moon and A Loon


Button Moon is a great children's tv show from the 70s/80s where every episode we're off to Button Moon to follow Mr Spoon....and see what craziness lurks through the telescope. Lucy loves it. Of course I don't advise sitting your children in front of TV all day unless you need a break/ a wee /to clean /cook / brush the dog/ change the kitty litter and whatever else cannot be achieved with a screeching baby in tow.

She watches it almost everyday as I believe it fits the formula - pre-toddler babies need shows with one narrator and basic shapes and images. Most cartoons etc are too busy. Puppets really catch the eye. Okay - I believe this mainly because I read it somewhere but also because Lucy seems to agree.

In between this Button Moon tv madness the phone rings. It is the crazy model agency that 'took Lucy off their books' after I said Hammersmith for £18 was not possible...

"Is Lucy available for a casting tomorrow?"

"Well she is, but the last time you phoned you were incredibly rude when I explained I couldn't get to Hammersmith and told me you were taking Lucy off your books, so please make sure you do and don't call again." I heard her take a breath and I hung up the phone.

The rush, the power of payback, the karma of it all led me to phone my husband.

"You WON'T believe who just phoned." I told him what happened and what a dude I had been.

"Oh" was his reply.

No comments: