Sunday, April 23, 2006

"Someone from my work had a 13 pound baby..."


...why does everyone feel the need to tell me about birthing horrors?

The midwife measured the bump last week and declared it is a totally normal size. Indeed. So why does everyone look at me like I am the size of a sumo wrestler?

When total strangers ask me how long I have left, the answer "a month" leaves them wide-eyed. One fellow pregnant 'lady' asked me this in Boots and when I told her, she turned to what I assume was her partner and said "Fuckin hell, she is bigger than me!" She had two weeks to go. But she was embarrassed at her outburst. Wouldn't look me in the eye. Judging by the gold strangling her fake tanned neck, I'd say she was a total pikey. Complete chavette. I hope she goes overdue.

Needless to say I have a fear of squeezing out a toddler. I was hoping for a baby first.

No comments: