Friday, May 19, 2006

Nothing. Nowt. Nada.

Great timing. Just great.

I see the physio the same day as the midwife may attempt to get this show on the road. At best I will have about 4 hours of groin support via a sumo belt. At worse the kick start proves fruitless and I have the belt for a while longer. If that is the case I'll be knocking on the consultant's door on a bank holiday. I'll start a sit in protest if I have to and drink 27 cans of coke just to prove my point...

I'm guessing (wildly I'll admit, as scales have been off the agenda for months) this baby is 8lbs 2oz. No, 8lbs 4.5oz. And 22 inches long. Right now. This minute. So when it is born lightyears late it could easily be 10lbs and 2 foot. If it is any less than that I will be alarmed that my internal organs are so heavy.

Maybe wind is heavy. I guess placenta is heavy. Are belly buttons heavy?

The average weight and length of a baby is about 7.5 lbs and 20 inches. Baby boys are usually heavier than baby girls so I guess I'd better get the blue out. And maybe just a bit of pink to wear as a punishment for making me wait so long.

I could be a really mean Mum...

No comments: