Monday, May 01, 2006

Watching the ceiling

They say sleep is difficult during pregnancy. At this stage, for me, it is impossible. I can't lie on my left side, I can't lie on my right side and I can't lie on my back. The only way I can rest is upright and I must look like the living dead sitting in the dark in that position. I have managed to rally up about 47 extra pillows though so tonight may be different. Where all these pillows came from is a mystery, some of them are rubbish - stuffed with the equivalent of 3 cotton balls - but some are good and together as a collective supporting my enormous but weak frame I may get a decent sleep. Where my husband will fit into all of this cushy paradise I am not sure. Could be another night of one foot on the floor for him.

Anyway, as labour nears the baby drops further into the pelvis in preparation. I think this has happened to me - mostly because whenever the baby hiccups it feels like my fanny is laughing.

No comments: