Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Pert Skirts

The weather is nice today. I think the spring has been slow to come because the big man is being kind to me. He knows I don't want to bare an inch of flesh or buy another ugly-trying-to-be-trendy maternity item. Unless it's big pants. I have become accustomed to granny pants.

So my collection of 5 pairs of tracky bottoms are too warm today. And I just realised 3 out of the 5 have paint all over them. And one has some weird green thing on the butt. I must look homeless. They are all so overstretched and overworn that unless they have that tightness from a fresh wash which lasts approximately 3 minutes they fall off! I have to hold them up. I have some 'nice' maternity trousers but the elastic waistbands hurt. I refuse to add to the pain. I don't have any little maternity skirts and I don't want any. My swollen legs look like freshly grilled sausages. And my rear is as big as my bump. I guess that is to balance things out so I don't fall over.

So in summary, today I am hot. Maybe I'll just sit in the garden in my granny pants and support vest. I'll need to be careful though. My 80 year old father in law who lives about 3 steps away from us has a habit of just letting himself in or appearing in the garden. I don't want him to think his son married Rab C Nesbit.

No comments: