Friday, December 22, 2006

Spending a Penny at Liverpool Street

I think this could be the lyrics to a song.

I took Lucy to London on a modelling photoshoot. Once we got there it was a good laugh with lots of other nice mums and cute babies in a penthouse pad only James Bond could live in. Nevertheless getting there was hellish. I needed the loo for 3 hours and by the time we were going through Liverpool St for the second time it was non negotiable. I couldn't use the toilets as they are down below in a space no pushchair could ever venture and a 20p piece is essential. I had to go the long way round to the McDonald's on the upper level where the disabled toilets double as a baby changing space - only it almost wasn't Lucy that needed changing....

...and of course some fool was using them for 10 minutes and he was neither disabled or a baby.

The penthouse pad for the photoshoot was in a beautiful new building in the depths of hellish Hackney. I got off the train and looked at the stairs me and the pushchair would have to climb. I couldn't carry this one no matter how hard I tried. It is amazing how the dodgiest looking of folk offer to help you out. Equally the women in suits just stare or push you away (the men in suits actually help). Never judge a book by its cover. I used to be a woman in a suit. I can't remember ever offering to help.

And so we enter the week of Lucy's First Christmas to find she has 2 teeth, is almost sitting up, frequently spitting up and often shitting up.

She also laughs alot and likes to eat and choke on paper. Bless. Can't wait to unwrap those presents.

No comments: