Saturday, December 02, 2006

A password a day keeps the shopping at bay...


I hate Christmas shopping. I used to love it. Any reason to blow some cash buying great stuff for poor unsuspecting friends and family. But now any opportunity to do it is limited because I only can when someone will watch the baby. I am never again squeezing myself and a pushchair into the teenie tiny M&S lift to find it get stuck. Ever. Never ever ever. Nope.

There are too many people in the world. And they all live in my town. And they are rude. Or over 382 years old - old folks that drive those shop mobility scooters are MEAN. And naughty little kids running all over the place are shits. Lucy will never be like that. She will salute and obey. Right...

Anywho...so most of my shopping has been done online. But you need a password just to look at some sites never mind place a purchase. I have so many passwords and user IDs for internet sites I could be an employee of MI5. And I am so paranoid about hackers I come up with 'clever' ideas everytime. So having the memory of a goldfish is proving a problem. PLUS to supplement my festive purchases I was going to sell some clobber on Ebay but I closed my Paypal account some time ago and as I try and start a new one it keeps saying my emails are all in use, my accounts are already registered to a Paypal account blah blah. VERY ANNOYING and VERY wrong...I closed it for &*(&^%! sake. So Ebay is out of the question for now.

Lucy recently had a lovely Christening. She behaved beautifully and even had a nap during part of the service so she was 'fresh' for the mega buffet lunch. I'll admit I was by the radiator and nodded off from time to time myself. She was given lots of very nice gifts but as the gifts got detached from the cards the thank yous are slightly tricky. Most read 'Thank you for the lovely present'. If the present wasn't that lovely it may sound OTT. HOWEVER...

...a couple of gifts were actually for me. That's my kinda Christening.

No comments: