Friday, November 24, 2006

White dresses, messes and guesses...

Lucy is being Christened on Sunday. We are also having a few folks round on the Sat night, mostly Godparents. I fear I may roll into the Christening with a hangover which is just WRONG. So I have low alcohol wine (well, 9%) to sup on. Expensive stuff. Would have been cheaper to dole out nasty champers but just the thought gives me hiccups and a headache.

Lucy has a lovely white dress but her recent teething has been the cause of some 'lower movements' that stain the clothes... I hope she doesn't decide to lay one in this dress, because only a thin layer of tights seperates her nappy from exposure. She also has some windy moments that confirm her Grandad is indeed related to her. They may get picked up by the microphone the Vicar sometimes uses.

Everyone keeps asking what to wear but I honestly don't know. I have never been to a Christening. I have suggested steering clear of jeans but a flowery shirt with lapels, shiny white shoes and brown trousers will be acceptable. Not sure what the men should wear...

No comments: