Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bottle of the House White

Picture it - I am dressed in a bright blue floaty skirt that makes my arse look like a trifle, white vest and hot pink hoody with silver flip flops. I am pushing my baby along at 6.30pm after convincing her she was not tired enough to sleep (which she was.)

The ultimate Chav mama.

Why? To the off-license I go. It was a beautiful evening. A drink was in order but how guilty can you feel hiking your baby into the offy when it is hot and muggy and past bedtime? I felt like a fool as I browsed the chilled wine section until a bloke pushing a baby in a pushchair strolled in 30 seconds later. Can we do this? Is it OK? It sure is. We chose, we paid and we left. Both babies were happy as Larry to be in the air conditioned off license. Potential play group venue I say.

OK. Maybe not. But sometimes it is OK to still be an adult and not just a parent.

And who was Larry that he was so Happy? Great guy.

No comments: