Wednesday, May 30, 2007

First Birthday


Lucy's first birthday was the wettest bank holiday on record. Is that possible? While I saw no signs of Noah or his Ark I must say I am impressed with the 'shower proof only' gazebo that was erected to house the party goers who stayed for 7 hours (more of an adult party although Lucy loved it) and the happy clapping baby who relished all the attention.

We even manged to BBQ for almost 30 people so never let the weather put you off. But perhaps let the clean up the next day put you off. Wet grass and mud clumps throughout the house is not great. Especially when you realise the clump is actually your dog.

The weather shows no signs of improving while this time last year I was sat in my hospital bed like a zombie in c-section pain with a fan quietly buzzing across me. My brand new baby had done her first crap and while the midwife was kind enough to check for it she was also kind enough not to change it. I don't relish giving birth again in an NHS hospital but even my most painful memories are content ones.

I am very lucky. If I wasn't me, I would wish I was...

No comments: