Saturday, May 05, 2007

Monday's child is fair of face...

I almost moved blogs. This blog was complicated to administer.

OK.

I forgot my password and was slightly alarmed when I tried to retrieve it the email had been sent to my AOL account. I don't have an AOL account...At least I don't think I do. Heck I may just have another blog aside this one in a crazy youthful type move anyway. If youre lucky you may find out what it is.

Anywho to pick up where I left off...

I have a baby. Almost not a baby anymore. Nearly a year old. I don't know where the hell endless bottle feeds and nappy changes went but they are gone. Having said that, I could just have a hungry and damp baby...

I am still tired. Always tired. I can't imagine Lucy getting up after 6 even when she is 18. She is that kind of person. A morning person. Is she really mine?

There was a programme on the BBC about the state of maternity care in the UK at the moment and it basically made me cry. I thought I had a bad time but the reality is I was lucky and so was my baby. I am sure a majority of the time all is fine but for that seemingly growing minority where things have just not been up to scratch my heart goes out. Despite my experience I had a healthy beautiful baby. To imagine otherwise is painful beyond words and to see it in Panorama is depressing.

On the up side, Lucy has been entered into the Baby of the Year competition for Essex along with 987 million other little folk. I am confident we can jig the results so she wins given all the family and friends that are potential voters. I must point out that I am not a pushy mother though. No way.

She can crawl and wiggle about now. She cannot sit still for more than 1 second. Even when I am changing her nappy.

Those cream carpets were a mistake.

Barry Scott and Cillit Bang why can't you do carpet stuff,eh?

No comments: