Thursday, May 10, 2007

Goodbyes and Goldfish

Blair announced his Adios today. I remember when I found out he came into power I was slurping on a big bowl of cereal with a mega headache due to a hangover after a night at the student union. Did I really care? Nope. The D-ream song echoed in my ear from the night before anyway. A decade later as he announces he is leaving I am slurping on a similar bowl of cereal, still not caring and still have a headache but this time it is because a baby is screaming in my ear. And not because she is unhappy. Just because she has learned how to scream and likes it.

My brain hurts...

The reality is once you have a family whatever happens outside your bubble is just not as important as it once was. Although - perhaps what should have once been important never was for me so the lesson is lost.

Certain things really do get me though - the Important stuff - a missing child in Portugal, terrifying, the thought of it being my child creates waves of unspeakable fear. The Daily Mail reader stuff - a bin collection ONCE every two weeks? I recycle where I can to free up room in my bin for the dog crap, dirty nappies and kitty litter that fills it in seconds. The thought of it all sitting there for 2 weeks as I pass breathing in a mouthful of flies is not a pleasant one. The Home Owner stuff - slugs, slugs and more slugs destroying my expensive attempts at an instant garden by eating my ready bought beautiful, expensive flowers. A tip - slugs don't like Busy Lizzies or Gardenias or women named Kate squashing them like a madwoman.

To counter balance all this madness in my life I purchased a BiOrb. I have added one fish so far - my daughter named him Eeeeeeee. So E he is. I also have a rather fancy LED light for it that goes from daylight to sunset to moonlight to sunrise. I just don't have time to watch all those experiences...

...but I am sure the fish really appreciates the finer qualities of LED lighting.

No comments: